Tuesday 29 June 2010

The month of decadence is almost over!

I had a wonderful Birthday weekend. I got incredibly spoilt by my lovely husband, but we have both decided us driving in London is never ever going to happen again!
Also, wearing heels is incredibly treacherous, especially on the cobbled streets of covent garden.

When we finally made it through London and found the hotel, we checked in, moved the car to some free parking round the back (hoorah!) and went to our room. Which was actually 2 rooms, made into one... HUGE. Huge by London standards anyway. (by London standards that we can afford)
We had 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs, one in the bedroom area, one in the living area. a fancy coffee machine, and some chocolate flap jacks. lovely.

We had to rush around a bit to get ready as traffic/roadworks had held us up a bit. We grabbed a taxi to the Cambridge theatre in Covent Garden. D had booked us tickets in the stalls to see Chicago. Having never been to a show in London the theatre was much smaller tan I expected but the show was great, and even D ('I hate musicals') enjoyed it,though I have a feeling it may have been more to do with the lack of clothing worn by the girls in the show! haha.

After getting out of the show, again it was a rush around for us to grab a taxi and make it to the Ritz for dinner reservations (I said I was spoilt)
When we arrived at the Ritz, we bumped into my boss who had been having lunch their and had a room for the evening! He pointed us in the right direction, and off we trotted for Dinner. (He then very kindly sent a couple of glasses of champagne to our table for us!!)
We both had pigeon to start, which was beautiful, and delicious. D had Chicken, and I had Lamb for my main. I cannot speak for the chicken, but the Lamb was absolutely wonderful. Then to finish, I had Baked strawberry cheese cake, which was nice but nothing to shout about. and D had a sour cherry soufflé. followed by some petite fours.

I see that I am now rambling, so I shall cut it short!

After our meal we went to get the tube back, but Jubeliee line was shut, so we grabbed a taxi. popped to the Tate Modern to have a look around (D, 'I just dont get art!!') went back to the hotel, and had a can of cola and pringles from the mini bar.

Sunday, we had breakfast, checked out, and drove to Knightsbridge to have a day at a spa. (as approaching where the spa was D said ' wow, that place has loads of flags outside, it must be well posh'. Me - 'Its Harrods!')
Finally we found somewhere to park, and had out lovers pamper day at the Aquilla Spa. Both having a massage, facial and manicure. We then had lunch at the Rembrandt Hotel next door. went back to the spa and had a swim and jacuzzi.
Then left to tackle the terrible traffic in London, and listen to the terrible footy on the radio.

When we got home we popped to our local harvester with good friends L & E and my parents.

all in all, a wonderful birthday weekend! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment